The Worm Axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worm Axle

No cool official name yet, but we hope to have it ready for sale soon. Both axle and complete crawler kit.

This axle will have better ground clearance either side of the diff, making its driveshaft layout similar to a locked independent suspension system.

The knuckle might be changed to the yota axles, more compact, extremely strong and low profile for great clearance on rocks.
    www.rc4wd.com

Awesome! They are back! I would love to see these in a 1.9 size as well! These may give the Kyosho axles a little competition !

Comment

perfect!!!
      This is ME!
      This is RC Help Page

Comment

also you might want to take the main gear in the case and make it into a slanted bevel gear. that will also help with it being smooth and clean. just a suggestion.
        This is ME!
        This is RC Help Page

Comment

Totally Amazed!!

Lots of mounting points... Check!!

Good Clearance....Check!!

For knuckles, which ever you use...make them High Clearance.

Make sure the XVD's are real strong for the worm gears.

Optional servo plate to mount links on the side, not just the back.

Comment

what about making the servo mount go up and down instead of left to right?
            think that might help?
            This is ME!
            This is RC Help Page

Comment

Id like to see the servo mounted down further on the axle on the right side and have the shocks mounted down with the lower link mounts. Maybe move the lower mounts over towards the center of the axle just enough to get a rod end and nut on between the mount and the "C"

Comment

what about also making the steering go behind the axle instead of the front?
                This is ME!
                This is RC Help Page

Comment

Originally posted by scubadaveojr View Post
                  That would be good too but, ive never worried much about that as much as others seem too.

If it can be done without much troubles with the high steer knuckles Tom spoke of im all for it.

Comment

there is were i was going also. lol.
                    high steering and behind the axle steering... sounds like a plan to me.
                    This is ME!
                    This is RC Help Page

Comment

those are pretty sweet
                      NOSTR
                      BYT

Comment

Another awesome axle.
                        2.2 Scale Hotness http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97416
                        Project X http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167461
                        Vader Bully rig http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Vader

Comment

Originally posted by scubadaveojr View Post
                          This would be nice as Rod stated, but is very hard to pull off, unless these axles will be marketed for one chassis set-up. With all the different options, it will be hard to make sure links and shocks don't hit. The user, could just turn the knuckles for a BTA steering.

Good idea's guys, keep them coming.

Comment

absolutley, this thing would make an excellent 1.9 comp class rig.

Comment

that is true to Tom.... humm a upgrade you can get to make it bta
                              This is ME!
                              This is RC Help Page

Comment

Working...
                              X