1.55 Steelies and Stompers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.55 Steelies and Stompers

I have a set of 1.55 steel beadlocks and Rockstompers that I need some help with. The wheels are the new style hex mount. I am no beginner at mounting tires on beadlocks, but I can't get the wheels to lock the bead in. After mounting them up and driving there is at least one bead that pulls out. I even pulled a bead out driving in my grass yard once. I have taken them apart several times and reassembled to see if I am doing it wrong.

These are the best looking tires and wheels I've ever had and the quality is great, but this has gotten old. What can I try or do?? Are the wheels the problem or the tires?

Originally posted by TheROOSTER View Post
    I have a set of 1.55 steel beadlocks and Rockstompers that I need some help with. The wheels are the new style hex mount. I am no beginner at mounting tires on beadlocks, but I can't get the wheels to lock the bead in. After mounting them up and driving there is at least one bead that pulls out. I even pulled a bead out driving in my grass yard once. I have taken them apart several times and reassembled to see if I am doing it wrong.

These are the best looking tires and wheels I've ever had and the quality is great, but this has gotten old. What can I try or do?? Are the wheels the problem or the tires?
    I have the same combo and no issue. Do you have the screws tightened all the way down?

I have not heard of any other issues with this combo.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Comment

Yes I have the screws tight. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheROOSTER View Post
        Yes I have the screws tight. Thanks for the reply.
        Post photos if you can. That always helps.

Comment

im having the same problem with my 1.55 V2's with rocky county tires, its like the tyre is about 1-2mm to big and also the lock ring on the inside seems too small like its not wide enough. i have the bolts done up all the way and same thing bead breaks...

Comment

Show me a photo if you can. We have experienced no issues on these combinations. I am sending our guy to test these again.

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys,

I had my tech mount these tires and wheels and we had no issue. They mounted up with a little extra work.

Thanks
              Tom

Comment

I ended up trying a set of Mud Slingers and they hold great. I have a couple hours on them and have yet to loose a bead.

Comment

they are great!! that is the thing with rc4wd rims, i have never had a problem with them. they work better than any other ones i have used.
                  This is ME!
                  This is RC Help Page

Comment

1.55 wheels

Anyone know of any 1.55 wheels that at plastic or nylon? It seems I can't find anything less than $80.00 a set. Doing a losi mini crawler project with a blackfoot body. I don't want to spend all my money on just wheels when plastic will do just fine.
                    Thanks G

Comment

No, only RC4WD make 1.55 wheels.

Comment

Working...
                      X